This year your local community radio station is really getting behind The National Cherry Festival. Over the weekend from the 1st to 3rd December we will have extensive coverage of Young’s premier annual event. This will range from a live broadcast of the Cherry Festival Rodeo to live reports from nearly all the major events. We will also be having a float in the street parade.
It will be all hands on deck for all our great volunteers who will report on events live back to the station.
Our major event will be a live broadcast from 5pm Saturday of the Cherry Festival Rodeo. This is happening near the Young Racecourse with the entrance from Milly Milly Lane.
The National Cherry Festival Rodeo will be a big event for Young and the Cherry Festival. Our broadcast team of Chris Edwards and Jacob Sutherland will broadcast from 5 pm till the last event on Saturday night the 2nd December. They will also have a number of guests to join in the fun live and give us some further expert comments. We will be there for all the action and will include crosses back to the station to bring people up to date on other events. Bonnie and the team will also play some great rodeo and Australian country music to put you in the mood. We have had great support from the Young community on not only the rodeo but everyone has really got behind this events and others.
As well as this events we will have a number of other events over the weekend that we will be reporting live on.
- On Friday night the 1st we will be bringing you the results of the Cherry and Charity Queens coronation. This will occur in the evening during Tony’s Friday Night music show.
- On Saturday we will bring you live crosses to the results of the Busking Competition in the morning. These results will be broadcast at the finish.
- Saturday afternoon brings the Cherry Pies Eating competition. We will bring you live results.
- The results of the Young Sporting Walk of Fame will be bought to you in the afternoon.
- The street parade will be run on the afternoon of Saturday 2/12 and will gain be bring you reports up to 5pm . We are also having a float in the parade.
- On Sunday morning 2yyy will have live reports of the Big Breakfast from 7 am.
- Also on Sunday morning we will have people reporting on the Bush & Junior Poets function.
So everyone join in the events on our yearly function the National Cherry Festival and if you cannot be there tune to 2yyy for all the fun and action.